Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP Address was changed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cookie S

Cookie S

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

I hadn't used my desktop in a few weeks and when I tried to logon to the internet through AOL and Verizon, I could not access the internet. After speaking to someone at Verizon I discovered my IP address had changed. I don't know how this happened but does anyone know how I can find out what my IP address is and "setup" that address?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Your IP Address is supposed to change, generally.

In any case, I suspect that you simply need to uninstall your AOL software and reinstall it...and follow the directions for setting up your connection.http://help.channels.aol.com/kjump.adp?articleId=219929

See data on Static IP Address and Dynamic IP Address at http://www.whatismyip.com/faq/what-is-an-ip-address.asp

If you are running AOL software, then AOL is the authority on properly setting up Internet connectivity.

In XP...to see my IP address...I just place the cursor on my connection and then look in the lower left window.

Louis

#3 Cookie S

Cookie S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thanks Louis. I'll try that when I get home today.

Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users