Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prompting to start normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking... upon startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lpac1

lpac1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hello,

Recently my dad's computer had a corrupted hive and boot.ini. Via this website, I was instructed to run a chkdsk /r while in the recovery console. Everytime I used his OS disk to get into the recovery console, it prompted me for a password and I didn't know it (nor could I leave it blank). I decided to use my OS disk from my computer and I could fix the problem. Now, though, everytime I startup the computer, it prompts me to start windows normally, in safe mode, in safe mode with networking... To give further information...on that same screen there is an option for Windows XP and Windows XP Home Edition. Don't know if that has something to do with it. They both work though when I press enter on either one. Could anyone help me stop the computer from prompting me??? Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users