Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network password

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dtop

dtop

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

When I purchased my computer I don't think I had to enter a network password. I do now after I accidentally clicked the log off on the start menu. Is there a way to eliminate the need to do this. I am the only person who uses this computer.
thank you

Edited by dtop, 24 July 2005 - 12:15 PM.

Have a great day,
Dtop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

Go to Network Options:
If you are not networked with another computer.
Start>Settings>Control Panel>Network Options>click on the drop down box in the middle of the network properties box and choose Windows Logon or Family Logon I don't remember for sure what the options are, anything but MS Network Logon.

#3 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

River Rat,
Thank you, I got rid of the network options and the log on box.
I am getting a dialog box on start up. It states "you are using the selective start-up for trouble shooting your system". Is this alright and should I click on don't show this again.
Thanks for all you help

Edited by dtop, 25 July 2005 - 12:29 PM.

Have a great day,
Dtop

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

Thank you, I got rid of the network options and the log on box.

You're Welcome
Glad to help.

I  am getting a dialog box on start up. It states "you are using the selective start-up for trouble shooting your system". Is this alright and should I click on don't show this again.

Yes it is OK the check the box.
You will get this message everytime you enter the System Configuration Utility (msconfig) to make any changes. Just check the box not to show at startup when you restart.

Thanks for all you help

Glad to do it.
We all have to ask questions in order to learn, I will be glad to answer any ?? you might have. (if I can)
Your do'n great. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users