Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big Problem with Combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tristus

Tristus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:49 AM

Hi, I want to tell something very strange
I helped yesterday a friend to fix his pc from an Win32.ae virus
At this moment I noticed that never used ComboFix but I want to tell him how to use it, so I downloaded it and used on my PC

My Laptop had no problems but I want to see how it works as it starts to work closed my windows live messenger and after reboot I couldn't start messenger with my own ID but any other ID works. (its an 8100030d error)

I noticed that my sound driver doesnt work so I use Add/Remove Software and reinstall it (Its named SoundMAX)

I was not very sure was it from combofix so I login with an other account and restarted ComboFix, (I know it sounds studip) it closed my messenger again and Firefox, any other app.
after reboot I could login with the second account but the first one was still bugged, My sound driver too but I fixed it in 2 mins

I dont want to know how to fix it, its not very important that I use that account again but I want to know how to fix it, I have some friends they had the same error (they never used combofix) so I would happy if I know how to fix it. One of them waited 5 months and tried everything to fix it and he could only use msn 7.5, I helped him to reinstall everything about live messenger so it works again, so want to know what is wrong.

I ve still the log file from Combofix, I believe I deleted some log files neccesary for windows live messenger and messenger took my account to any ''black list''

I dont say combofix is a worse app., I dont think its a problem with combofix, it only fixed some point that WLM didnt allowed.

I will be happy to any answer.

From my log file: (its 18kb I dont want to share it unrequested)

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\MSDN\9.0\1031\ResourceCache.dll
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\VBExpress\9.0\1031\ResourceCache.dll
c:\documents and settings\pc1\Application Data\BITS
c:\documents and settings\pc1\Application Data\BITS\BITS.ini
c:\documents and settings\pc1\Application Data\BITS\ProxyList.ini
c:\documents and settings\pc1\Application Data\BITS\UPnP.ini
c:\documents and settings\pc1\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer\{457791C5-D702-4143-A7B2-2744BE9573F2}\NewShortcut1_5B69D3033CA54B39B5ECE7D051297E77.exe
c:\windows\Installer\cc7af.msi
c:\windows\Installer\cc7b5.msi
c:\windows\Installer\cc7bb.msi
c:\windows\Installer\cc7c7.msi
c:\windows\system32\scrrntr.dll

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:08 AM

I do not know how to fix the problem but one should never run ComboFix without expert supervision as doing so can lead to an inoperable computer.

Hopefully someone will come along soon that will be able to help you fix the problem you are having

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users