Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird colors and cant see desktop O_o

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Egotastic

Egotastic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

So, after my shoutbox rant on my guilds webpage about peoples fail computer etc.
My computer failed...

I opened it like i always do, it auto opened MSN and i went to get some water, came back and opened WoW. Its been on for about 5 minutes tops.

Wow opens and then everything turns black, but the drake flying in the background at the login screen freezes in 1 position and then turns pink/red/blue/green etc.

I though, what the hell... Turned off the computer via the reset button. Then at the startup process, i see like small waves over the screen and at certain points in the startup process i see green squares all over the screen.

I can see everything thats going on, when it gets to windows loading screen it passes it as normal and the sound over the speakers let me know that ive now entered Windows. (u know, the windows welcome sound thingey) But i cant see anything, screen just goes black :S
I run XP btw

I can however open it in safemode!!.

Heres what i tried:
Stop taking drugs.
Cut power and let it cool off over night.
Check if all cables are properly plugged into the computer.
Beg it
Threaten it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

Hi Egostatic, Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:

From your description, problem looks like an overheated GPU. There may be many reasons for the overheating, e.g., a dust pileup on inside of your computer, GPU fan is not working or bad power supply. You should start by opening your computer case (ask a friend if you have never done this) and cleaning the inside of your PC. Read this tutorial on how to do so : Cleaning the interior of your PC

#3 Egotastic

Egotastic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

Thanks, i tried everything adviced and ended up finding the cause.

A malfunctioning gfx card sigh.. :/ Off to the store when payday hits i guess :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users