Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

total security 2009

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 solrak

solrak

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

I had my brother helping me with this issue and he posted this topic (see link), but he left out of town and I went to the topic after he gave me the info and it is closed the problem is I tried what was suggested but it wouldn't run at all and now it seems I have total security 2009 installed on my computer and I have no clue how it got on there cause my brother said it "windows police pro/desote"... can someone please help I cant do anything on my laptop at all can get online or even run scan with adaware, spybot sd or antimalware...the task manager wont even work...please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256206/desotewindows-police-pro-rootkit/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

I will contact the HJT team member and see what we can do
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 solrak

solrak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

thanks

#4 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hi solrak, I reopen the topic.. :thumbsup:

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

#5 hotwheelz

hotwheelz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

I have same problem

#6 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

I have same problem

Please refer below.. Do all the steps and post at the this subforum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=190227

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

#7 hotwheelz

hotwheelz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

I am unable to run dds

#8 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

I am unable to run dds

Do below step to replace DDS, then proceed with RootRepeal and open a New Topic at HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum

Download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
%systemroot%\system32\eventlog.dll
%systemroot%\system32\scecli.dll
%systemroot%\netlogon.dll
%systemroot%\system32\cngaudit.dll
%systemroot%\system32\sceclt.dll
%systemroot%\ntelogon.dll
%systemroot%\system32\logevent.dll

Don't change any setting... Just click on the Run Scan button.. Let it scan till finish.. Then post the logs produced to your New Topic at the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.. Someone else (not me) will get on to you :thumbsup:

#9 hotwheelz

hotwheelz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

that will not run either

#10 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

Please save this file to your Desktop. Double-click on it to run a scan. When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please open it with notepad and post the contents in your New Topic.

#11 hotwheelz

hotwheelz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

I have file but cannot open it with notepad

#12 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

I have file but cannot open it with notepad

Upload the log (that created on your Desktop) to your New Topic

Please refer to the picture below.. Please use Add Reply button..

At the right-end corner at below of your reply page, you will see a picture like below.. Click it for further view..

Posted Image

Browse your Win32kDiag.txt on your Dekstop and press the UPLOAD button next to it.. Wait untill the uploading attachment process is completed..

Then press Add Reply

#13 hotwheelz

hotwheelz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

I posted it in hijack logs section u mentioned ubove thats correct right?

#14 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

I posted it in hijack logs section u mentioned ubove thats correct right?

Yup.. Don't forget the Root Repeal log.. Also please list all computer problem in details.. Someone else should get to you (not me, I'm quite swamp right now..)

Edited by fenzodahl512, 17 September 2009 - 01:02 PM.

#15 hotwheelz

hotwheelz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:07 PM

cannot run root repeal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users