Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing seems to fix this problem!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dawn H

Dawn H

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

Last visit to BC had me excited that I had fixed my daughters computer. However now the thing is working really weird again. Malwarebytes wont run, spy doctor wont run, DDS wont run. I have looked at various postings and everything will download, but as soon as it starts to scan the program closes. Most wont open and gives me a message "The application cannot execute. The file is infected. Contact your antivirus software." or it will tell me "Windows cant access the specified device, path or file." and something about not having the permissions. Oh yea and the good old Advanced Virus Remover is back and as annoying as ever. I am not a computer wiz and it seems all of you are, but I am good with instructions and can usually follow if not too technical. I tried at my daughters computer to send this message, but as soon as I hit "post new topic", the internet crapped out. Task manager wont open either.

HELP!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hi, Dawn H :(

Welcome.

Please save this file to your desktop. Double-click on it to run a scan. When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users