Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no internet connection on 1 pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zeelobe

zeelobe

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help with my problem, Topic

This topic was originally posted at the am i infected section but one of the moderators told me to move this topic to networking section...so if anyone could be so kind to help me with this problem...thank you very much...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

The other 3 PCs have no issues connecting and staying connected? If that is the case then we can eliminate the modem and router from being part of the problem.
Since you did a long list of things and the people over in Virus Land said you were clean that leads me to think its something going on with the network card.

First try this: From a command prompt try this command netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt reboot and see if that fixes it.

If not try this: Open Device manager and get the name of the Network Adapter. Then goto the manufacture's site and download the latest drivers. If its a name brand (Dell or HP) then you could go to their site and look for drivers. Once you have them on the troubled PC, thumb drive are awesome for this sort of stuff, I'd uninstall the adapter from Device manager and look in add/remove programs for anything about the adapter. Reboot and install the new drivers.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 zeelobe

zeelobe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:47 AM

Ok will try this...will get back when not busy...thanks

#4 zeelobe

zeelobe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

Hi cavedweller2...man sorry for the very late reply...anyway, did what you told me, uninstalled the driver but still can't connect to the internet...although i could see part of the site and the connection will never complete...the status bar will just show as almost complete and that's it...any help please...thank you thank you... :thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and hit Enter. Post what shows on the screen.

While you are there type ping www.google.com hit Enter and post what shows on the screen.

If pinging google errors, type ping 74.125.67.105 hit Enter and post what shows on the screen.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users