Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual monitor problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hideout

Hideout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

Ok, so I'm trying to do a dual monitor setup. I have my main monitor hooked into my DVI port, and my secondary into my VGA port, but the one in the VGA port doesn't work. I know it's connected because if I turn my computer off while they're both connected they both say Dell before they turn off. But if I go into my display settings and try to extend my desktop to the second monitor, it doesn't work. It says it's enabled, but if I click anything it says disabled again. The monitor only ever shows black or a little box floating around showing that it's powered on.

If I turn my computer on while they're both connected, only the one connected to the VGA port works, and it says that my computer has an add-in video card and that the monitor is connected to the integrated graphics accelerator and needs to switch to the right port, but if the VGA doesn't work, then why is it registering that one instead of the DVI one? It doesn't make sense to me that the VGA port doesn't work, but it registers the monitor. If it has an add-in graphics card and an integrated one, shouldn't they each be able to work on one of the monitors?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users