Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adoucette01

adoucette01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

:thumbsup: I used MBAM for the first time around 1:00 AM this morning. Every time I tried to open the software I would receive a message stating "This program has stopped working" my only option was to stop the application. But, I continued trying again and again, I would get past the scan and receive the same error!! I still continued to try, and hope that I would catch it right on time to remove the spyware and my persistence paid off. The software that was on this particular machine is called "Personal Antivirus". It was installed on accident by the PC owner. They didn't have a licensed copy of an Antivirus program either. I went to Best Buy to purchase them a licensed copy of Norton Antivirus 2009 with Antispyware I was told by an employee that I needed to bring the computer into the Geek Squad to have that removed from the computer. He stated that I was not going to be able to remove the malicious software without bringing it in for a "Free Scan". I told him that I probably have more computer experience than most of the people working in the "Geek Squad" please understand that I am not trying to offend anyone with that statement. The computer is clean thanks to MBAM and the advice from this site. I am working on this particular machine for a very good friend who is not working and definitely does not have the money for the "Free Scan" by the Geek Squad! I wanted to give everybody a thumbs up for being there for me at 1:00 AM this morning! The machine is running great and is now protected from Virus, Malware and Spyware! Here is a great big THANKS!! to this site for providing valuable answers to great questions that even people with experience working on computers may have!! I am sure I will be using this site more often and will recommend it to anyone asking me about a computer problem!! THANK-YOU! -Amy :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

Awww, shucks... :thumbsup: Thanks!

It wasn't I that helped you, but I'll take the credit anyway! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users