Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

overclocking - vcore issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MirrorImage

MirrorImage

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

my set up is a p5nsli, 3 gig mem, and a core 2 duo E6300.

I suppose its not really a problem more of an interesting development. I know that the p5nsli isn't an overclocking machine but i thought that since its liquid cooled i could get a lil more out of it.

well i went and up'd the vcore voltage to about 1.35 from the 1.34 that it was stock at. After saving the settings and posting, i went to the hardware monitor built into the bios and it registered that the vcore was now down to about 1.28...booted into XP and used CPUid and it registers the same thing. How is it that i manually raised the vcore to a higher setting and it shows lower?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

This is caused by Vdroop. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but if you google vdroop maybe you can get more info.

I just suggest try raising it a bit more, and see if the vdroop is constant.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 MirrorImage

MirrorImage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

This is caused by Vdroop. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but if you google vdroop maybe you can get more info.

I just suggest try raising it a bit more, and see if the vdroop is constant.

very odd that it happens.

ill try raising the voltage more and see what happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users