Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attn: Boopme AVP 2010 continued

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boudin Brad

Boudin Brad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hi Boopme, this post is to continue the conversation from the thread I hi-jacked :thumbsup:
I guess I am a novice at forum etiquette as well as spyware removal!

OK Boudin Brad, yes that is the malware file renaming the file so it can prevent you from running what you want ,so you will pay for their fraud tool to fix this.
Try renaming that .exe to .bat and start over. You also should start your own topic so we all don't get confused telling diiferent posters what to do. But no harm done.

I actually renamed the file myself to try and avert bravia.ex. I tried removing MSAS and redownloading/saving as .bat, but still get "sys admin has set policies to prevent installation."

Furthermore, I don't have the "run as" option when saved under this format.

I have been unable to successfully run any AV software in safe mode, renamed or not. (combofix,mbab, HJT, rootrepeal). I did get win32kdiag.exe to create a log though.

I would reformat, but my computer was a grad-school issue and the windows license has expired. So i need to get creative! Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
-BB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

I did get win32kdiag.exe to create a log though.

Now that you were able to produce a log you need to post it in our HJT forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Give a brief description and tell them that this log was all you could get to run successfully
The HJT team is extremely busy, so be patient and good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users