Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't access major AV site, task manager, regedit and safemode!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 toinks!

toinks!

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

Godd day! :thumbsup:

i hope someone could help me... this is my 1st time here and i aprec8 if u could instruct me step by step... my problem is that as i said in the topic tittle that i cannot access major AV site, task manager, regedit and also safe mode(trid tapping f8,and any other way into to safe mode) i hope u could help me solved this... :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.41) and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

If you cannot use the Internet or download any required programs to the infected machine, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, library etc) with an Internet connection. Save mbam-setup.exe to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive. If you cannot copy files to your usb drive, make sure its not "Write Protected". Some flash drives have a switch on the side which could have accidentally been moved to write protect.

-- Some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it first.
  • Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file file and rename it to mysetup.exe.
  • Double-click on mysetup.exe to start the installation.
  • If that did not work, then try renaming and changing the file extension. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
  • Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
  • Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
  • Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan.exe.
  • Double-click on myscan.exe to launch the program.
  • If that did not work, then right-click on the file and rename it to winlogon.exe.
  • If that still did not work, then try renaming and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
  • Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

hi quietman7! i really expect that u r the one that would help me coz i saw a problem like mine but only that person could boot into safe mode any way here is the log...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2814
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/17/2009 11:30:02 AM
mbam-log-2009-09-17 (11-30-02).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 113962
Time elapsed: 15 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Local Settings\temp\winkfgitq.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Failed to unload process.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Local Settings\temp\winkfgitq.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Delete on reboot.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
  • Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
  • Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
  • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Now rescan again with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but this time perform a Full Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning and to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

Please download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt - alternate download link.
Follow these instructions for performing a scan..
If you still cannot boot into safe mode, then perform the scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
-- Post the log in your next reply. If you can't find the log, try to write down what was detected/removed before exiting Dr.WebCureIt so you can provide that information.

#5 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

sorry quietman7 for the late respond...and thank you for helping me... here are my logs....

MBAM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2815
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/18/2009 12:29:18 AM
mbam-log-2009-09-18 (00-29-18).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 210587
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 13 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Local Settings\temp\pakd.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Local Settings\temp\pakd.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

DrWeb

winijcun.exe;c:\documents and settings\rabo\local settings\temp;Trojan.Spambot.3378;Deleted.;
winjadc.exe;c:\documents and settings\rabo\local settings\temp;Trojan.MailSpam.41;Deleted.;
atiptaxx.exe;c:\program files\ati technologies\ati control panel;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
odserv.exe;c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ose.exe;c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\source engine;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
googleupdaterservice.exe;c:\program files\google\common\google updater;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
googletoolbarnotifier.exe;c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mbam.exe;c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
grooveauditservice.exe;c:\program files\microsoft office\office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
onenotem.exe;c:\program files\microsoft office\office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
monitor.exe;c:\program files\usb video camera;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
yahoomessenger.exe;c:\program files\yahoo!\messenger;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
dxwebsetup.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
RF.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
RF_Online.bin;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SendLog.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
uninst.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Updater.lc;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
fggm.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline\Fireguard;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
HSUpdate.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline\HackShield;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
dxwebsetup.exe;C:\CCR INC\RFOnline\Redist;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
HXFSetup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R104084;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R104084;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AtiCimUn.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R113575;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
CheckVer.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R113575;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
issetup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R113575;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R113575\CPanel;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R113575\Driver;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R133052;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Dell\drivers\R90698;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\7zS888.tmp;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DCCU121A00.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\desktop;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SmitfraudFix.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SmitfraudFix.exe\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix.exe;Tool.Prockill;;
SmitfraudFix.exe\SmitfraudFix\restart.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix.exe;Tool.ShutDown.14;;
SmitfraudFix.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
Process.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Process.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Moved.;
restart.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix;Tool.ShutDown.14;Incurable.Moved.;
UIFix.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
unzip.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SmitfraudFix;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS.0\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\english;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
msgup900_2162_us.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS.0\Application Data\Yahoo!\YUpdater;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
yupdater.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS.0\Application Data\Yahoo!\YUpdater;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Default User.WINDOWS.0\7zS888.tmp;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\7zS888.tmp;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
crashreporter.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\LimeWire\browser\xulrunner;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
updater.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\LimeWire\browser\xulrunner;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
xpicleanup.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\LimeWire\browser\xulrunner;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
xpidl.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\LimeWire\browser\xulrunner;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
xulrunner-stub.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\LimeWire\browser\xulrunner;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
xulrunner.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\LimeWire\browser\xulrunner;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
fpupdatepl.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\fpupdatepl;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
6m3ze36z.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\desktop;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
FxMydoom.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\rabo\desktop\Protection;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ose.exe;C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DW20.EXE;C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
dwtrig20.exe;C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Office2007;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ose.exe;C:\Office2007\Enterprise.WW;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DW20.EXE;C:\Office2007\Office.en-us;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
dwtrig20.exe;C:\Office2007\Office.en-us;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
A3DUtility.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AcroBroker.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AcroRd32.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AdobeCollabSync.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Eula.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
LogTransport2.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
PDFPrevHndlrShim.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
reader_sl.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Setup Files\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A90000000001};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
atiadaxx.exe;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
atiiprxx.exe;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
atiphexx.exe;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
atiprbxx.exe;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AtiCimUn.exe;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\UninstallAll;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Uninstall.exe;C:\Program Files\Attribute Changer;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
BnrRepo2.exe;C:\Program Files\Chikka;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
CBAlrt.exe;C:\Program Files\Chikka;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
CBGrphic.exe;C:\Program Files\Chikka;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
chikka.exe;C:\Program Files\Chikka;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ComDlg.exe;C:\Program Files\Chikka;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
UNWISE.EXE;C:\Program Files\Chikka;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AdobeUpdaterInstallMgr.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Adobe_Updater.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
IDriver.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\7\Intel 32;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
IDriver.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\9\Intel 32;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
IDriver2.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\9\Intel 32;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
IKernel.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DevSvc.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\DeviceService;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
IbeHost.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\DeviceService;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
patchjre.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Update\Base Images\jre1.5.0.b64\patch-jre1.5.0_05.b05;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DW20.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DW;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DWTRIG20.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DW;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
EQNEDT32.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\EQUATION;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
dexplore.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help 8;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSPOCRDC.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\12.0;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
VSContentInstaller.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
VSLauncher.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
VSContentInstaller.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\en;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
OINFOP12.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ACECNFLT.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSE7.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSOXMLED.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
OFFDIAG.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
OFFLB.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ODEPLOY.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SETUP.EXE;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
artpschd.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\PocketSoft\RTPatch\AutoRTP;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
cabarc.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\PocketSoft\RTPatch\AutoRTP;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
HXFSetup.exe;C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\CNXT_MODEM_PCI_VEN_8086&DEV_24x6&SUBSYS_542214F1;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
1.0.2.4_0.exe;C:\Program Files\Destiny;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
BugReport.exe;C:\Program Files\Destiny;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
feather.exe;C:\Program Files\Destiny;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
play.exe;C:\Program Files\Destiny;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
uninst.exe;C:\Program Files\Destiny;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GoogleUpdaterService.exe;C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe;C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SearchWithGoogleUpdate.exe;C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\swg-3.1.807.1746;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{15DF6FD4-7653-4BBA-B4E7-87C5B1273FED};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{27614800-84A9-484E-9CCB-43ED2F1205F5};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{A462213D-EED4-42C2-9A60-7BDD4D4B0B17};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CA792642-B03D-4798-B4F2-4161D44D0FF4};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
setup.exe;C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F11D6791-FBE8-4817-B5D4-D3191DDDCDC8};Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
java.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
javaw.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
javaws.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
keytool.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
kinit.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
klist.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ktab.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
orbd.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Modification of Win32.Sector.5;Moved.;
pack200.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
policytool.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
rmid.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
rmiregistry.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
servertool.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
tnameserv.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
unpack200.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
java-rmi.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
java.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
javacpl.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
javaw.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
javaws.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
jbroker.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
jqs.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
jqsnotify.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
jucheck.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
jureg.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
jusched.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
keytool.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
kinit.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
klist.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ktab.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
orbd.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
pack200.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
policytool.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
rmid.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
rmiregistry.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
servertool.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
tnameserv.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
unpack200.exe;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
gdsmux.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\Haali;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mplayerc.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
upgrdhlp.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Real\Update_OB;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
dsconfig.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
graphedit.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
graphstudio.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
gspot.exe;C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools\gspot;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mbam.exe;C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mbamgui.exe;C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mbamservice.exe;C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mplayerc.exe;C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
CLVIEW.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
CNFNOT32.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DRAT.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
DSSM.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
EXCEL.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
excelcnv.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GRAPH.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GROOVE.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GrooveAuditService.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GrooveClean.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
GrooveMigrator.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
INFOPATH.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSACCESS.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSOHTMED.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSPUB.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSQRY32.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSTORDB.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MSTORE.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
OIS.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ONENOTE.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ONENOTEM.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ORGCHART.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
REGFORM.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SCANOST.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SCANPST.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SELFCERT.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SETLANG.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
VPREVIEW.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
WINWORD.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ONELEV.EXE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
PEVerify.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;Modification of Win32.Sector.5;Moved.;
rdbgwiz.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
vsta.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
mpishim.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x86;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
AxImp.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
gacutil.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ildasm.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
lc.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
PEVerify.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ResGen.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
sgen.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
signtool.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
sn.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wsdl.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
xsd.exe;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
crashreporter.exe;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
helper.exe;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
UninstallThunderbird.exe;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\uninstall;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
msicuu.exe;C:\Program Files\MSECACHE\WICU3;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MsiZapA.exe;C:\Program Files\MSECACHE\WICU3;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MsiZapU.exe;C:\Program Files\MSECACHE\WICU3;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MsiZap.exe;C:\Program Files\MSECACHE\WICU3\Ansi;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MsiZap.exe;C:\Program Files\MSECACHE\WICU3\Unicode;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Digcore.exe;C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\Install\MSN9Components;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Optimizer.exe;C:\Program Files\Optimizer;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ClientShell.bin;C:\Program Files\Phoenix Dynasty Online;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
FWClient.exe;C:\Program Files\Phoenix Dynasty Online;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Play.exe;C:\Program Files\Phoenix Dynasty Online;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
PlayStarter.exe;C:\Program Files\Phoenix Dynasty Online;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
PlantsVsZombies.exe;C:\Program Files\Plants vs Zombies;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
upgrdhlp.exe;C:\Program Files\Real Alternative\Update_OB;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
uninst.exe;C:\Program Files\RFOnline;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Sschk.exe;C:\Program Files\Trojan Remover;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Chessmaster.exe;C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
game.exe;C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
gu.exe;C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
TheKing350.exe;C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
RegistrationReminder.exe;C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition\Register;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Unlocker.exe;C:\Program Files\Unlocker;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Amcap.exe;C:\Program Files\USB Video Camera;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Monitor.exe;C:\Program Files\USB Video Camera;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ShowBmp.exe;C:\Program Files\USB Video Camera;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SPRemove.exe;C:\Program Files\USB Video Camera;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
SPSetup.exe;C:\Program Files\USB Video Camera;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
BNUpdate.exe;C:\Program Files\Warcraft III;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Frozen Throne.exe;C:\Program Files\Warcraft III;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
World Editor.exe;C:\Program Files\Warcraft III;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
worldedit.exe;C:\Program Files\Warcraft III;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
WinAVI MP4 Converter.exe;C:\Program Files\WinAVI MP4 Converter;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
WinAVIMp4cmd.exe;C:\Program Files\WinAVI MP4 Converter;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
msicuu.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
MsiZap.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wmdbexport.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wmlaunch.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wmpnetwk.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wmpnscfg.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wmpshare.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
wmsetsdk.exe;C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
UNWISE.EXE;C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
YahooMessenger.exe;C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
ymsgr_tray.exe;C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Process.exe.vir;C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS.0\system32;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Moved.;
keygen.exe;C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1957994488-706699826-854245398-1003\Dc44.NFO-BRD\keygen;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
A0007282.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP39;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0008595.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP44;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0010519.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP46;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0016757.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP68;Trojan.DownLoad.336;Deleted.;
A0018063.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP73;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0018077.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP73;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0018146.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP73;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0018174.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP73;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0018202.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP73;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0018250.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP73;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020315.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP74;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020386.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP75;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020457.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP78;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020465.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP78;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020470.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP78;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020471.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP78;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020511.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP78;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0020623.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP79;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0021699.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP81;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0022879.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP85;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0022990.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP85;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0022991.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP85;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0029209.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP86;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0029217.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP86;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0031202.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP86;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0032194.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP86;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0033201.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP87;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0033353.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP88;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0033358.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP88;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0033424.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP88;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0033428.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP88;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0035700.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP94;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0040382.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP98;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0040387.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP98;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
A0040421.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP99;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0040425.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP99;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
A0040454.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP99;Adware.Websearch.54;Incurable.Moved.;
A0040465.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{65D93916-BA18-4F46-8D90-367EEF14106D}\RP99;Adware.SearchAid.40;Incurable.Moved.;
MS_Autoplay.exe;C:\WINDOWS.0\system32;Win32.Sector.17;Cured.;
Process.exe;C:\WINDOWS.0\system32;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Moved.;
strun.exe;C:\WINDOWS.0\system32;Tool.StartupRun.122;Incurable.Moved.;

...quietman7 i still cant access my task manager, regedit, safe mode and major AV site

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

I'm afraid I have very bad news. Your system is infected with Win32.Sector.17 which is the name provided by Dr.Web for a nasty variant of Win32.Sality. Please see Microsoft's Threat Research awareness of Win32.Sality.

As with many other malware, Sality disables antivirus software and prevents access to certain antivirus and security websites. Sality can also prevent booting into Safe Mode and may delete security-related files found on infected systems. To spread via the autorun component, Sality generally drops a .cmd, .pif, and .exe to the root of discoverable drives, along with an autorun.inf file which contains instructions to load the dropped file(s) when the drive is accessed.

About Sality Virus

If the computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned. All passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. You should change each password using a clean computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. If using a router, you need to reset it with a strong logon/password so the malware cannot gain control before connect again. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach.

Your log shows numerous Program Files were infected. Although Dr.Web indicates it cured many of the infected files, I am skeptical of the results as evidenced by the continued issues you describe. Sality/Win32.Sector is not effectively disinfectable. The Dr.Web log also shows that your system was infected with an IRCBot named keygen.exe and a spambot. Backdoor Trojans, Botnets, and IRCBots are very dangerous because they compromise system integrity by making changes that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes. They can disable your anti-virus and security tools to prevent detection and removal. Remote attackers use backdoors as a means of accessing and taking control of a computer that bypasses security mechanisms. This type of exploit allows them to steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which is send back to the hacker. Read Danger: Remote Access Trojans.

Your best option is to perform a full reformat as there is no guarantee this infection can be completely removed. In most instances it may have caused so much damage to your system files that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired. In many cases the infected files cannot be deleted and anti-malware scanners cannot disinfect them properly. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Reinstalling Windows without first wiping the entire hard drive with a repartition and/or format will not remove the infection. The reinstall will only overwrite the Windows files. Any malware on the system will still be there afterwards. Please read:

#7 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

dont worry quietman7 im not using this computer regarding money i just use this to play online games thats all but i cant play bcoz of the virus that infect me so please can we do something w/out reformatting my system?

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

If you insist on trying to fix this infection instead of following our advice to reformat and reinstall your operating system, there are various rescue disks available from major anti-virus vendors which you can try. Keep in mind, even the vendors like Kaspersky say there is no quarantee. In the end most folks end up reformatting out of frustration after spending hours attempting to repair and remove infected files. IMO the safest and easiest thing to do is just reformat and reinstall Windows.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT assume any responsibility for your attempt to repair this infection using any of the following tools. You do this at your own risk and against our advice.

These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD utilities that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Note: In order to use a rescue disk, the boot order must be set to start from the CD-ROM drive. If the CD is not first in the boot order, the computer will attempt to start normally by booting from the hard drive. The boot order is a setting found in the computer’s BIOS which runs when it is first powered on. This setting controls the order that the BIOS uses to look for a boot device from which to load the operating system. The default will normally be A:, C:, CD-ROM. Different computers have different ways to enter the BIOS. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to:

#9 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:23 AM

HELLO QUIETMAN 7!!! i just want to tell u that i think i WON the war against win32.sality!!! :thumbsup: :trumpet:

i can now access safemode, major AV site, task manager and regedit!! this is what i did i googled win32.sality and try to google a removal tool for it and then i stumble on this site " http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...29110458AA0oDMZ " and took note of it then googled som more and then this show up
" http://www.istanto.net/8-step-to-remove-w32salityae.html " i write it down in a paper and 1st follow the 1st link then the secon link and now i THINK im free w/ SALITY!!! :inlove: :flowers:

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

Norman Malware Cleaner is a reactive tool used to detect and remove specific malicious software (malware). I would still be skeptical that it removed the entire infection thoroughly. And it still does not change the fact that your system was infected with an IRCBot and spambot which compromised your machine. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume the computer is secure even if the malware appears to have been removed. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired. The malware may leave so many remnants behind that security tools cannot find them.

#11 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

its ok quietman7 the most important of all is hat i can access my online games again! :thumbsup: thanks for ur help quietman7!

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

Then you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Posted Image > Run... and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista and Disk Cleanup in Vista.

#13 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

i created a restore point... thanks again for ur help quietman7!! :trumpet: :flowers: :thumbsup:

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:10 AM

You're welcome.

Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:Keep Windows and Internet Explorer current with all critical updates from Microsoft which will patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer. If you're not sure how to do this, see Microsoft Update helps keep your computer current.

Avoid gaming sites, porn sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs (i.e. Limewire, eMule, uTorrent). They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Malicious worms, backdoor Trojans IRCBots, and rootkits spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming, porn and underground sites. Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans, and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users. The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.Keeping Autorun enabled on USB (pen, thumb, jump) and other removable drives has become a significant security risk due to the increasing number of malware variants that can infect them and transfer the infection to your computer. To learn more about this risk, please read:Many security experts recommend you disable Autorun asap as a method of prevention. Microsoft recommends doing the same.

...Disabling Autorun functionality can help protect customers from attack vectors that involve the execution of arbitrary code by Autorun when inserting a CD-ROM device, USB device, network shares, or other media containing a file system with an Autorun.inf file...

Microsoft Security Advisory (967940): Update for Windows Autorun

• Finally, if you need to replace your anti-virus, firewall or need a reliable anti-malware scanner please refer to:

#15 toinks!

toinks!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

ok quietman7 and thanks again for ur help u can now close this thread...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users