Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bombarded with Bargain Buddy and File Genie...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jus78

jus78

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:31 PM

This was weird. When I was on bleepingcomputer.com I was suddenly bombarded with a message from Sypweeper that software programs (Bargain Buddy) were running in my memory as well as adware on my system (file Genie, teen XXX, etc.). I was able to get rid of all but Bargain Buddy because my computer told me that it was being used. However, I ended the process in my task manager window and upon restarting my computer was able to delete the Bargain Buddy file which, strangely enough, contained no kilobytes of info. Anyone know why this would have happened to me granted the fact that I didn't visit any suspect sites and had Zone Alarm running as a firewall on my system? Thanks. Justin.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:43 PM

Did you perhaps go to our page that scans for Spyware? We have a spyware scanner, only searches for a few, but it does access your registry. Spysweeper may have felt that was the spywar eitself trying to access you.

#3 jus78

jus78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:44 PM

I clicked on a link for Panda Software from one of the posts. Maybe that was it?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:56 PM

Shouldnt have caused a problem unless they have a similar mechanism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users