Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer being deleted by system

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 norwegiandemon

norwegiandemon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

I have a HP CM1312MFP that is randomly being deleted from my PC for no reason. It only happens with this particular printer and it doesn't matter if it is mapped via a print server or locally via a TCP/IP port.

System logs show that for no reason the printer is being deleted by the user NT Authority\System:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3
Date: 9/16/2009
Time: 8:09:38 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: XXX
Description:
Printer HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series PCL 6 was deleted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

Is your PC on a domain? If so, is it possible that your mapped printers are being controlled by Group Policy and anything other than what is scripted for your OU is being removed when you reboot?
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#3 norwegiandemon

norwegiandemon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

Is your PC on a domain? If so, is it possible that your mapped printers are being controlled by Group Policy and anything other than what is scripted for your OU is being removed when you reboot?

It is part of a domain, but there are no GP's in place for anything printer wise. I thought the same thing at first but then I started to question why it would only affect this one printer of my 5 I have mapped.

#4 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

If I had to guess I'd say you're running XP Pro?
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#5 norwegiandemon

norwegiandemon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

If I had to guess I'd say you're running XP Pro?

That is correct. SP2 and unable to upgrade to SP3 due to incompatibility with software I run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users