Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet/router connectivity issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 st3v3yo

st3v3yo

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

My internet router is a Zone Alarm Z100G secure wireless router, with a TRENDnet USB wireless adapter. I used to use Ethernet, untill a lightning strike fried my ethernet port. Getting a USB wireless adapter was a lot cheaper than a USB ethernet port, so I went with that. After I started using wireless, my internet would crash fairly regularly if I was using a lot of bandwidth (usually when I am downloading large files). Whenever this happens, I right-click the wireless network connection icon and hit repair. this always works. the odd thing is that I can cancel the repair mid way, and yet even though the window says that my internet connection is disabled, the repair continues. Then, in an hour or so, it crashes again.
Also, whenever I enter my IP address into my internet address bar, it brings me to either A.) a page that says "Safari can’t open the page “http://192.168.10.38/” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding" or B.) a search page (IE7) instead of taking me to my router settings.

Are these two things related? anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users