Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ms powerpoint+suite 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 standingonarooftop

standingonarooftop

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hello! My prof recently gave a syllabus for our computer course. In it, she needs us to have...

"MS Word and PowerPoint (MS WORKS is NOT appropriate!!
Do NOT use MS Works.) Office Suite Version 2003 is highly
recommended, as Version 2007 documents CANNOT be opened in the labs. For those
of you working with Version 2007 at home, you will need to
re-save the file in the 2003 format before submitting!"

I do not have powerpoint at all, but is it possible to download a free version somewhere that's 2003, or is there another way I will be able to do this with another free program? thanks so much!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pablo49

pablo49

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

What computer course are you taking? Will you have to create Power Point slide shows? Or do you just need the ability to view Power Point?
Microsoft offers a trial version of Office 2007. You may also check at the student book store to see if they offer an academic discount on Office products.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Sounds like the Prof is a (removed for your protection). Just download OpenOffice.org for free. It works with all MS Office 2003 formats.

#4 standingonarooftop

standingonarooftop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

lol, I completely agree! d to the ouche. ANYWAY! she says we'll need to be able to create the slides...so if I download the office.org one, the extentions (.ppt) will be the same, and she will be able to mark/view the presentations based on the requirementsm (i.e. 2003 version, not 2007, etc)? I just want to double check! thanks!

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,559 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

OpenOffice.org’s Impress file format is highly compatible with Microsoft’s PowerPoint format. You can open a PowerPoint presentation in Impress, edit it, then save it in its original PowerPoint format or in Impress format. You can also create a new presentation in Impress and save it as a PowerPoint file, for sharing your presentation with those who have yet to discover OpenOffice.org.

Above quote from: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/D...PowerPoint_file

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users