Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP unveils a new line of products for 2009

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

HP today announced a new line of notebook and PCs for the consumer that includes the introduction of the new HP sub-brand Envy, the world's thinnest full-performance notebook, and a new sleek all-in-one PC.

The new HP Envy brand consists of a 13" and a 15" notebook, with the 13" model containing the brightest display in its class and weighing in under 4 pounds The 15" is being touted as HP's fastest consumer notebook PC ever. These notebooks are not cheap by any means with the Envy13 starting at $1,699 and the Envy15 starting at $1,799, but they are packed with high-performance components. For example, the Envy13 comes with a Intel Core 2 Due SL9400 processor and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 video card with 512MB dedicated graphics memory. The Envy15 comes with an Intel Core i7 processor and can have up to 16GB 1066Mhz DDR3 memory.

The Envy brand also consists of metal laser etching on the case to provide an interesting feeling and look to the notebook. The Envy notebooks also provide concierge customer support that consists of 24/7 dedicated toll-free support number where you will be able to speak to a Envy support professional for any problems you may run into. All support emails will usually be answered within one hour.

Envy15
Images of some of the products announced today by HP. Click on the picture above to see all of the images.

Another notebook that was announced today is the HP ProBook 5310M. This notebook is the world's thinnest full-performance notebook at 0.9 inches and weighing in at 3.7 pounds. This notebook consists of a Intel Core Duo SP9300 processor and has up to 7 hours of battery life. This model stats at $699.

Last, but not least, the HP MS200 All-In-One PC was announced today as well. This computer resembles a monitor, but in fact includes all of the PC components directly within it. With the screen being 18.5" diagonal and with a 16:9 widescreen display you have plenty of visual space to work with. The PC is also uncluttered as it contains built-in wire management so that the cables are not visible from the front.

For a full listing of all the products announced today by HP you can visit the link below.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

The ProBooks sound like interesting competition to the Macbook air, and the pricing is reasonable, or so it seems.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

o.O A laptop with 16 GB RAM? No commercial OEM Desktop even has that..
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

o.O A laptop with 16 GB RAM? No commercial OEM Desktop even has that..

Its up to 16 GB of RAM, which many desktops can get, most people just know that they don't need that much RAM, and its a bit pricey when its not that much of an improvement past a certain point. I saw motherboards that could go up to 16GB a year and a half ago when I built my first desktop.

Edited by Vaerli, 26 September 2009 - 10:04 PM.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#5 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

Didn't see that "up to" part. Custom computers with the right mobo can do that.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users