Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cookies Index File

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild1162

wildchild1162

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:37 AM

Hello all, I am running Windows98SE and this morning when I went to clean out my temp files and cookies, (which I usually do every Sunday), on the index in the cookie list it says Diablo Hack Data File, does this mean I've been hacked? If I try to open the index it says "windows cannot open CJ's exe, this program is needed for opening files of type 'Diablo Hack Data File'". My computer seems to be running alright but something tells me this is not good :thumbsup: ! I would really appreciate any suggestions, thank you all.
Wildchild

Tomorrow is a gift not a promise, so ride, live, love, laugh, and dance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:28 AM

I'm not having any luck finding anything on this. There are lots of Diablo hacks, which are for the Diablo game, and CJ's exe doesn't turn up anything useful, either. If you're worried, post a hijackthis log in the hijackthis section of the forum. Make sure you read the pinned post, "How to Submit a Hijackthis Log" and you can find the hijack forum here.

#3 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:35 PM

Hi Herk, first of all thank you for replying! It is greatly appreciated. But I think I know what I did (this time I can't blame my son :thumbsup: ). A friend of mine gave me some CD's she thought were blank so I could burn some music and all of them had something on it. AND her son used to play Diablo so is it possible when I put the CD in it just attached itself to my cookie index also, I can't find Diablo anywhere else in my computer? My computer seems to be acting fine and Norton did not pick anything up, do you think I should just leave it? Thanx again for your help.
Wildchild

#4 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:36 PM

Sorry forgot to add that her son's name is CJ so that's where that came into play.
Wildchild

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:24 PM

I would suggest you remove it. It serves no function on your computer.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

Hi John, thank you for responding. Can you please tell me how to remove it? I can not find it anywhere on my computer except for when I search cookies the index says 368kb Diablo Hack Data File. If I delete the cookie index won't it mess up my computer? I do not have the Windows98SE disc as I bought the computer second hand. Thanx for your time.
Wildchild

#7 wildchild1162

wildchild1162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hello all, does anyone know how I can get the Diablo Hack File off of my cookie index without messing up my computer? Thank you :thumbsup:
Wildchild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users