Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer will not go online when coming back from turned off or stand by

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twobear7

twobear7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Greetings-
When I try to go on the internet after my computer has been turned off or has been on standby for any length of time, it gets "stuck". I wind up having to restart it to get online. Even when I go off line and work with my desktop and then try to get back on the internet, it gets "stuck" again. My internet provider, AT&T, told me to delete my browser history and that worked for about a minute. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
I have Norton 360 and I have run every scan it has and I have Tuneup 1-Click and have done the same there. This is installed in a Dell with the Windows XP Pro.

Thank You -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Seacow

Seacow

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:42 AM

More then likely some of the services that provide may have went a bit...'crazy'. Do you connected to the net with a wireless adapter or by an ethernet cord? If by ethernet cord, restart these services:

DHCP Client
DNS Client
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing

If you are conencted by a wireless adapter:

Restart the services above
Wireless Zero Configuration
And if you use a third-party software to get you into the Internet, that service. For example, TP-Link users would restart the TP-Link Client Service (I hope you get what I mean).

Hope it helps.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users