Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heat sink

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 michaelbrian

michaelbrian

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

Hello. I'm wanting to upgrade my heatsink from the one that came with the cpu. The problem I have is that there are not alot of them that seem to be compatible with my AMD Phenom II X3 720, since it is a Socket AM3. I would sure appreciate any suggestions. I only play games from time to time, so it doesn't have to be anything massive. Thanks.

Edit: Moved topic from Internal Hardware to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....;srchInDesc=am3

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 michaelbrian

michaelbrian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Thanks dpunisher, you gave me alot to work with. I appreciate your time.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

Many heatsinks for AM2+ sockets will also work with AM3 sockets as well. Depending on your case, you may be limited to what you can use. Generally, it is a good idea to get the largest fan you can since they move more air and are quieter. However, they are quite large and may not fit into all cases. The XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler is an excellent cooler, but it is large. If you want a smaller fan the ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler is a good choice, I have one.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users