Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Joining in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mhg

mhg

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Thought it was time to learn more about this subject.

Recently visiting my sister-in-law and helping a friend out made no progress at all.
Last week had problems with a trojan attacking my home PC. Adaware notified of registry updates, that was enough to find and remove one file. Others had been taken out by anitvirus. Following reboot one of the service processes is detected by the firewall trying to access the internet (blocked it). The PC seems okay, but I can't find out what/why it is access the network.
At the weekend visiting mum and her keyboard/mouse don't work... but they work fine in safe mode.

I don't expect to see answers in this thread, but I do hope to learn more in the forums and maybe contribute here and there.

All the best.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hello mhg,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users