Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Access

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GavinDilly123

GavinDilly123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

I have installed Windows 7 on my Acer notebook but cannot get to certain sites when wired or wireless to my Linksys WAG160 router. It works with no problems when using other routers. Any clues guys? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juicy Orange

Juicy Orange

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

Does your network require a password to access? I had the same problem, and it turned out that (the Win7 RC, at least) doesn't have WEP support.

#3 GavinDilly123

GavinDilly123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:04 AM

It also does it when hard wired to the router therefore no password is required with this connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users