Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pleas help me to to reinstall vista on my laptop - no cd's included

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nadmaj

nadmaj

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

Hi ya

I've had my laptop for about a year and it's slow, got the google redirection virus on it, got alot of old programmes and was thinking of doing a fresh re-install of vista/windows on my lsptop. But as these days we don't get the instillation cds with them - how would i go abouts doing an install/.

I've got hp recovery and made cds also made a backup cd using double driver of all the drivers installed but where/how would i intally actual windows and vista on the laptop?

This is what i've got

Hp pavilion dv6000 32bit
Windows vista home premium sp 1
intel core 2 duo
2.00 gm ram

thanks in advance for your reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager from within Windows Vista
Directions about a 1/4 of the way down the page
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c00809678
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nadmaj

nadmaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

thanks- i thought i should recovery cds as a caution but when i go to create them error comes up saying i can't any alternative way of creating the cds

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

You can order a set for a nominal fee:

HP recovery CD's

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...;product=376085
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 nadmaj

nadmaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi ya

As the heading says i'm trying to create recovery cd's from my recovery manager but it won't recognise my cd/dvd drive? so it won't let me create the cd's - wot's wrong????

Edited by The weatherman, 15 September 2009 - 04:43 PM.
Merged topic.~ Tw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users