Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mini tablet suggestions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kyle B

Kyle B

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:25 AM

I'm looking into getting a small tablet-type PC to carry around for taking notes and just fooling around, and I'm debating between two models. First up is the Samsung Q1 Ultra, an older and discontinued model and the second is the Viliv S5. Which should I get? The Q1 goes for around $300 and $500 used, with someone selling an unopened box model for $800ish (I'm not in the States, so these are just rough conversions) while the S5 is on sale for around $600~700 depending on features, but the Q1 has a nifty keypad and the boxset comes with a separate USB keyboard tailor-made for the model and a case that can roughly convert the tablet to a laptop.

EDIT: Sorry, it's the S5, not the 7, and here are spec sheets:

Q1 Ultra
Intel A110 800Mhz with 400Mhz FSB
1GB DDR2 SODIMM PC3200 RAM (one slot)
7 inch WSVGA
Intel GMA 950
60GB 4200rpm HDD
Ethernet / 802.11bg / Bluetooth
2 USB / SD Slot
4 Cell battery
Windows XP Tablet (might vary by specific model)

S5
Intel Atom 1.33Ghz
1GB DDR2 533Mhz (unknown number of slots, most likely 1)
7 inch WSVGA
unknown GMA
32GB SSD
1 USB / 1 USB link
802.11bg / Bluetooth
6200mAh battery
Windows XP Home

Edited by Kyle B, 14 September 2009 - 01:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users