Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAM wont start

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 xXTetsujinXx

xXTetsujinXx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

my computer recently had become infected with advanced virus remover i used MBAM to remove it but before it finished the scan my computer shut off and i got the blue screen. it turns out advanced virus remover or some other virus i may of had infected firefox and ie and since then i cannot access the internet or MBAM when i try i get a error message that says "windows cannot access the specifired device,path,or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" i have tryed renaming MBAM and changing the .exe to .bat and so on and i still get the same message i have also tryed downloading MBAM to my computer useing a flash drive it almost worked then it gave me the same message as before. whenever i try to access firefox or ie i get a message that says "the instruction at "0x7c901e76" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "read". " also ive noticed that went to check my firewall settings it said i have Antispyware 2009 home i cant find any traces of it on the computer though please help

Edited by xXTetsujinXx, 13 September 2009 - 08:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hello ..you may need to run this from your flash Drive.
You will need to run HJT/DDS.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 xXTetsujinXx

xXTetsujinXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

Hello ..you may need to run this from your flash Drive.
You will need to run HJT/DDS.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

sorry i took so long to reply my laptop died and i couldn't find the charger. anyway yeah theres a problem i downloaded DDS and put it on my flash drive to upload into the computer it ran but im not sure if its scanning at all. i thought it was maybe just because my computer has alot of files or something but it has been running for pretty much 12 hours or longer it gets to the black screen that tells you its scanning then thats all. i tryed running it in safe mode as well with no luck however i found more information about what my computer is infected with since it always attacks my computer if i reboot and this time its replaced my background with a blue screen that says "your system is infected" ive also found something called braviax.exe while looking at my task manager. i hope some of this stuff can be of some help

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

Ok, this will work..
System Repair Engineer
  • Please download System Repair Engineer from here
  • Unzip/extract sreng2.zip to a folder on your desktop
  • Double-click on SREngLdr.EXE to launch System Repair Engineer
  • Click the Smart Scan Icon
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Click on the Save Reports button
  • Save it to your desktop, using the recommended name of SREngLOG.log
  • Close System Repair Engineer
  • Use notepad to open the SREngLOG.log file
  • Copy & paste the contents of that file as a reply to this topic
  • Note: The log may be long, and you may need several posts to post all of it
  • If you are using a custom HOSTS file, please leave out the HOSTS File section, as it will make the log far too long
Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the Rootrepeal log and the above log.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.

Let me know how that went.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 xXTetsujinXx

xXTetsujinXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

Ok, this will work..
System Repair Engineer

• Please download System Repair Engineer from here
  • Unzip/extract sreng2.zip to a folder on your desktop
  • Double-click on SREngLdr.EXE to launch System Repair Engineer
  • Click the Smart Scan Icon
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Click on the Save Reports button
  • Save it to your desktop, using the recommended name of SREngLOG.log
  • Close System Repair Engineer
  • Use notepad to open the SREngLOG.log file
  • Copy & paste the contents of that file as a reply to this topic
  • Note: The log may be long, and you may need several posts to post all of it
  • If you are using a custom HOSTS file, please leave out the HOSTS File section, as it will make the log far too long
Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the Rootrepeal log and the above log.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.

Let me know how that went.

the scan was successful and i posted the log file here is the link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257636/avr09braviaxexe-and-possible-others-unable-to-get-dds-to-run/

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

Thank you.
Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users