Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore computer to orginal state?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 69otters

69otters

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

I'm not very advanced when it comes to fixing computer problems. My computer has become much slower and when I run Avast!, it usually finds multiple problems. Since I have no important files on my computer that aren't backed up, I was wondering if there is anyway to restore my computer to its original state as if it were new. This would seem like the quickest and simplest solution. I run Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

Hi 69otters,

I hope the following link will give you the information you are looking for
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

Depending on the brand of your computer, you may have a Vista installation disk or a factory settings disk. Both can be used to reformat and reinstall Vista. If you let me know what disk you have, I can help you further if you need.

Also make sure to check if you have the disk(s) with the drivers that came with your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users