Machine 1: XP Home Edition, SP3
1. Local printer (HP DeskJet-882C) is attached via parallel port (LPT-1)
2. LPDSVC is running (TCPIP Print Service)
3. Unix ("other") print services component is installed
4. Firewall allows port 9100 and 515 for both RAW and LPR traffic, but the result is the same even with it disabled
5. Printers have been created using both "LPR" and "Standard TCPIP" port configurations
6. In the case of the "Std" port, both RAW and LPR formatting options have been tried
7. In LPR mode, the queue name is short with no spaces
8. Both 127.0.0.1 (loopback) and the actual IP address have been tried to identify the computer where the printer is attached.
9. netstat doesn't show any of the ports I expect to see, but they may be momentary.
Even the test page won't print. I can see the job in the queue but it won't leave the queue and the printer cannot be seen by the LPD. I have sent only a plain TXT document with the same results... no surprise there.
Very frustrating. Any guru's got an idea of how I can debug this further?
Edited by pcar, 13 September 2009 - 04:18 PM.