Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't back of files.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rexbest

rexbest

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

On my Gateway Laptop I can't back my files on recovery drive D: The box says where do you want to save your files (recovery D: 4.7 GB free) When I click on next, I get a box that opens and says (the D: disk has errors) When I click on check disc for errors I get a box that says
(Check disk recovery D:) I check both boxes (automatically fix file systems errors) and (scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors) When I click on start Windows says (can't check disk while in use). So I check box that says check at start-up. When I shut off and restart I get a black screen while booting up that says (checking file system on D:) (the type of file system is NTFS.) (Cannot open volume for direct access)(windows has finished checking the disk) Then just before start-up a black box pops up and says (error access denied). Everything on the computer runs great but how do I back-up? There are no restore points on C: or D: Also I when I switch back-up to CD or hard drive windows wont allow that either.
Thanks for any help.
rexbest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

The D: drive you are looking at is a partition created by Gateway that contains a mirror image of the exact software installed when your lap top left the factory. It is locked and protected from the Windows.

Should you ever suffer a sever infection, OS corruption, or just want to go back to factory default you can do so using the image on the D: partition. More information will be in the manuals that came with your lap top and can also be found on the Gateway site.

#3 rexbest

rexbest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users