Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ROZCKA

ROZCKA

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:07 AM

:thumbsup: Hi,
I'm hopin someone can help me as i've come to a standstill with this. I'm currently trying to sort out a friends pc as she has been, occassionally, getting the BSOD on her pc, with an error message that it's dumping physical memory. I've cleaned up the pc running antivirus,spybot and adaware and i've also run CHKDSK and defragged. I've also checked out the Error messages in Administrative tools and these are the errors.

The driver detected controller error on device \Harddisk0\D

A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\Ide port 1

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during paging operation.

I could'nt restore the system to before the trouble started.....

I've opened up the case and found that the hard drive is on a sata cable and the dvdrom is connected to the motherboard with an Ide cable..
Could this be the problem????
Also when i boot the pc up the harddrive reads as Primary Slave and the dvdrom as 3rd Slave.
The hard drive is a Seagate and according to there website this particular harddrive (sata) does'nt have jumpers.
I'm hoping one of you guys can help me with this...................... thanks in advance Roz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

<<The driver detected controller error on device \Harddisk0\D>>

System manufacturer and model? Is there a restore/recovery partition on C:?

A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\Ide port 1

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...api&phase=1. I would check the cable connections to the optical drive, before changing the cable.

<<An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during paging operation.>>

Seems to indicate a hard drive problem.

Are there only two drives attached to this system? No external drives?

Louis

FWIW: When posting error messages from Event Viewer...the key items to be posted are the module, the event ID, and the message itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users