Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games won't play from CD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rubyroo73

Rubyroo73

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

Hi

My kids have just informed me the following games won't play. They install the games and then when they click on the logo all we get is a black screen and nothing happens. The only way to get the PC to shutdown is by switching off at the power button.

My PC is running XP Home Ed, 2002 Version with Service Pack 3.

I've checked the drivers for audi & graphics and according to Devie Manager these are all uptodate. We have the correct DirectX installed as well. PC is 6 months old and running Intel Corel2 Quad CPU.

Oh the games we are having trouble with are....

Settlers
Age Of Empires
Rise of Nations
Command and Conquer

War Front does work as do other cd games like Zoo Tycoon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Ruth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

are they the proper cd(not copied from some where else or downloaded off the internet ?)

a other thing that may be wrong is that the graphic card driver are damaged
uninstall them and reinstall

#3 Rubyroo73

Rubyroo73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

Hi the games are all genuine games - not copies or anything. Will try theunistall and re-install and let you know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users