Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bit Defender and Kaspersky AV Products

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SunKing

SunKing

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

Well after a rash of infections and hours spent removing them I am firing Norton 360, and I have narrowed my choice to Bit Defender and Kaspersky.

I am a remote virtual employee who does a lot of work from home. A lot of the work is done via VPN, but I also do a lot of surfing, and a lot of business applications. My wife also uses the computer in the leavings, does a lot of surfing, Facebook junk, gaming, and Yahoo messenger.

I am leaning toward Kaspersky, but I see they have two products: Kaspersky AV 2010 and Kaspersky Internet. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two other than $20?

I may be all wet, and their might be a better product than Bit Defender or Kaspersky, but from research these seem to be the two best. Thoughts comments, suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Kaspersly internet security has a anti-virus and a fire wall. I'm using K.I.S 2009 and so far it's doing it's job. I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Super Anti-Spyware on demand. Hopes this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users