Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lan connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michaelbrian

michaelbrian

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hello, I just finished my build, and have a couple problems. The one that is the most irritating is that my internet connection keeps going bad. Usually when I have multiple tabs opened in firefox, but not always. On a few other occasions the computer itself has locked up, to where I have had to restart it with the case switch. I replaced the cable modem and tweaked the ram somewhat, that may of helped but I am not positive. Lastly my cpu is running at 36 degrees according to AMD Overdrive utility but 45 using the Asus utility. I would appreciate any comments anyone has. Thanks.

AMD Phenom II X3 720
ASUS M4A78T-E
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS
Samsung SH-S223B DVD Burner
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Simple but adequate video card soon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

Are you using a wired internet connection? Can you verify that the connection is working by using another computer or internet-enabled device? You can always try contacting Newegg or Asus and getting an RMA for the motherboard. I've had similar problems with Asus motherboards where things would lock up, it took a replacement board to fix it.

3939.png

#3 michaelbrian

michaelbrian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

I kind of thought that might be the solution. Just hate to take everything apart again. What is involved with having to rma the board with newegg?

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

How many days has it been since you received the motherboard? Newegg has a 30-day replacement policy, contact them for a replacement. If it falls outside the 30-day period, you have to go though Asus support.

3939.png

#5 michaelbrian

michaelbrian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:22 AM

It's been less than 2 weeks. I'll contact them today. Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users