Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I remove Windows Defender and Spyware Doctor?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TammyFP

TammyFP

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

Hi,

I don't know where my original post is that explained how my computer gives a DCOM server error then gives a 60 second countdown then shutsdown (the original problem). Someone from this group advised me to do this from the command prompt: "shutdown -a" and that did stop the shutdown of my computer. They advised me that if it worked it was a prank and they told me to delete my antivirus/spyware/adware shortcuts. Well I did all of that with the exception of the Windows Defender and the Spyware Doctor which are shortcuts on my "start bar" at the bottom. I tried to uninstall both programs and neither of the programs allows me to do this. Is there another way to get rid of these programs? And, how to I keep the DCOM error shutdown process from resurfacing every time I boot up and logon? Is there a way to perminently eliminate this error message/process?

Please email me at removed if you have any answers for me. Thank you.

Tammy

Edited by The weatherman, 12 September 2009 - 03:56 PM.
Removed email address to protect the member from spambots.~Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

In addition to removing your email address to protect you from spambots. Communicating via email exchanges defeats the purpose of the forums. The information is to be shared with everyone who may have the same issue and used as a means to help themselves.

The post of yours you are looking for is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1368555

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hello.

In addition to what Animal said, I suggest you after running Malwarebytes as directed/mentioned in the link above, please start a new topic in the Am I Infected forum to further help you if you have any other infections that may be present and also post your Malwarebytes log there so someone can help you out.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users