I need your advice about something important:
I turned off my wirless connection protection for a bit, but I had accidentally forgotten to change it back to "protected" mode (using WPA).
About 2 weeks after, one day I went to my pc to surf, when I noticed that my connection was too slow.
Suddenly my explorer closed without message at all. I then opened it again and it closed (without message) again, for second time.
Opening it again for third time, it didnt closed but I had to wait for ages for a simple web page to be opened.
Then, I noticed that my "WLAN" light of my router showed that there was wirless activity going on (and my laptop was off).
I then remembered that I had left wifi without password and I immediately set a (strong) password.
After that, the "WLAN" light of the router stopped showing wirless activity and I was surfing smoothly.
So I suppose that someone was surfing using my router (wirless) and my connection was slowing down because of him.
My questions are:
1) Was it possible for him to connect to my pc and watch my activity?
2) If 1 has happened and I had my msn open (or other applications) is it possible for my msn to be infected or something?
3) Is it possible, if 1 happened, to keep doing it even after I put on a password?
4) That my (internet) explorer closed 2 times without a reason and message, has something to do with this?
5) Is it possible for my pc to be infected at the moment?
a) I have changed, since months ago, the login password of my router.
b ) On my pc I have "localisation of network" on, "file sharing" on, "file sharing with password" on
c) I tried to (without any hacking activities, cause I dont know) to connect to my pc from my laptop, while having wifi protection off and I could only acess the printer (which is connected to the pc)
d) I did a full scan using Norton and it found nothing at all.
e) When I open my pc, I have put passord in order to connect to my user profile.
f) I have selected "public internet connection" in my internet connection options.
g) I have vista.
Sorry for my english because its not my native language.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by manyflowers, 12 September 2009 - 02:49 PM.