Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

just the tower

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brisboarder

brisboarder

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

I would like a new tower, my hp pav 533 is just about obsolete. So where do i look for a new one. Ebay? any other websites? I have a lcd flatscreen, brand new printer, wireless keyboard/mouse and speakers, and an ext hard drive that i bought so I dont want any of that stuff. I watch streaming sports online, no gaming of any sorts really. I just want a fast computer not much to ask really???
Thanks in advance for your expertise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...e=bph07909#N446

If the above is your current system...it really comes down to how much money you are willing to spend and what unnecessary functions you are willing to pay for.

There are any number of systems available that outperform the one above.

"Fast" is not a descriptive term when applied to a computer, since any of them will perform any number of functions/calculations with speed that we cannot comprehend fully.

Louis

#3 brisboarder

brisboarder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

Hamluis Thanks for the reply.
I think I am fairly computer savvy, until it comes to the actual make-up of them, so I dont know what things are important to me. Sorry but I really am leaving up to you guys. I am just looking blindly on ebay, etc. I will take out the 250 gb drive from the old comp. Cost for me is as low as possible with as much STUFF as possible.
The computer that you posted is the one i have, so you can see what i have been surviving on. the only upgrades I made was upgrade ram to 512 years ago, and more internal memory(250).
I guess cpu and RAM are most important. I need suggestions for places online to look and maybe some current offers/special deals. Thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

To direct you to a site selling this and that...it would be nice to have an idea of what you are looking to spend.

There is no store (brick or online) which caters to all the possibilities.

Louis

If you don't want to share that basic shopping information...it will be difficult for anyone to suggest anything, IMO.

Edited by hamluis, 12 September 2009 - 02:08 PM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

This should keep you busy for a while
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...=Computer-Cases
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users