Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI Radeon 3600

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arthmael

Arthmael

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Never again will I order a pre-built computer. I've had nothing but trouble.
But.. my problem for now, is my video card. It has been troublesome since day 1. Long story short, the company I bought it from will not render any assistance due to me re-shipping the computer, as it wasn't delivered to my actual residence.

So.. I am stuck with either replacing it, which I can't afford, or hopefully someone has a suggestion as to how to remedy my problem, if there is one.

After cleaning it today, I realized the fan does not move. I know very little about hardware and such. I just know to keep my fans clean, and the like. But since the day I got this computer, if I did not have a house fan blowing on it, it would shut down. Only when I play video games, which I guess is when the real stress is put on the video card. It will run for 2-5 minutes, then poof. Computer just shuts down.

When I received this computer, the video card wasn't even in the slot, it had popped out. UPS really knows how to take care of their packages! Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

I searched around as much as I could to try and find similar issues, or possible resolutions.. but clearly I found nothing, which is why I am here.
All I know is it is an ATI Radeon (Sapphire) 3600HD 1GB. PCI-E.
I downloaded Riva, as I have seen it mentioned on many other forums.. and if I am reading it right, it says the card is running at 104. That doesn't sound good to me.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.
As I said, any game I play it shuts down... but I generally play Everquest 2. Which is fairly graphic intensive.. but I suppose most games are.
So yes.. please help me! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

That is interesting. Have you checked the cables from the fan to the power point on the card?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

That is interesting. Have you checked the cables from the fan to the power point on the card?

if that wont work try putting a new fan in the same connector
if that fan wont work then we knows its the connector that has died and not the fan(its most likely the fan has died)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users