Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

red alert 2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:49 PM

i have a map thats gone MIA, well, basically its one that i d/l-ed a long time ago then reformatted my HD and finally found my RA2 CDs. i used to have a map for it but cant remember the name... it was a 4 player map with 2 or 4 oil derricks at each player start point, a good sized lake in the middle, had acouple of tech airforces in the middle and it was all urban, if anybody finds it, or has it GREAT!! PM me or reply in this topic. that was a fun map.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

It may have come from the C&C site; I seem to remember they have downloadable maps, although I generally made my own.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

um... i went to westwood's site they didnt have it. plus all the links are broken for the d/l's :thumbsup:. so i guess i'll have to try looking for it elsewhere.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 Chuckrox8

Chuckrox8

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

well westwood was bought out by EA a while ago. generals just wasn't the same. look around on some of the fan sites.

#5 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:42 AM

i went thru 3 fan sites and 500+ map descriptions!!! no one has the stinkin map :thumbsup:

- Rick Cook

#6 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

i think i know the one you mean but theres a couple that it could be theres left versus right / beach front / and theres 1 more but i cant remember the namew soz ill try to find it though

good luck
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#7 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

i found a site which has all the official maps in one neat little EXE. but still not the one i'm looking for :thumbsup:.

i know it is a definite 4 player map. has 4 oil derricks per start. has 2 tech airports (if i remember correctly). and a whole bunch of cities, with a lake large enuf for a good sized navy. (what the point? its a land map :flowers:) and good enuf space for a decent base.

sorry i cant remember more.

Edited by legoman786, 26 July 2005 - 02:31 PM.

- Rick Cook

#8 Doominator25

Doominator25

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:14 PM

I KNOW THE MAP NAME!!!!!!!! ITS CALLED 'INVASION CONFIRMED'!!!!!!!! (i think)

#9 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

THANK YOU!! I WILL LOOK IT UP AND WILL GET BACK!!

- Rick Cook

#10 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

can you plz supply me with a working link to the d/l of that map? every1 that i go to seems to be 404-ed

- Rick Cook

#11 Doominator25

Doominator25

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:28 PM

i dont know a link, but i might have it on this comp.... do you have the patch??? i think you get it with it..

#12 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:53 PM

no i dont have the patch, if i get it then i will need a new No-CD patch. i'm pretty sure that i remember i d/l-ed from a fan site.

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users