Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone please give me a rough estimate

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ableg02

ableg02

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:51 PM

My girlfriend was involved in an accident. she only had liability. she was at fault. this is what happened to her moms truck. how much do you guys think it'll cost me to repair this? will it be better to just replace the bed?? i know theres a lot of other things to consider ie the truck frame, the gas tank... but i just need to know more or less a repair like this will cost me (also i dont need a paint job bcus my cousin paints cars so he said he'll do it for free) Thanks!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/574618701rXmefw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pablo49

pablo49

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

Five hundred dollars or so. But we are only computer techs here so you may want to check with an auto body repair website ;-)

#3 dog_soldier

dog_soldier

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

i use to work as a body shop parts man for a dealership in ohio. i would say around $2000.00 at least and maybe more.
but it also depends what all they find wrong.

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

Most reputable body shops will write you a free estimate. Bring it in and tell them EXACTLY what you want done -- in other words, body work without paint. Also, you can stipulate that you'd like aftermarket parts used, as this will not be an insurance claim (and therefore does not have to meet insurance standards). They'll break it down and write you a detailed estimate, and then you walk away with their print-out in hand. No obligation.

If it's got frame damage, good luck. It may not be worth repairing if it does, for safety's sake.

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Figure on $2000+. A used bed will run you $1700 for the 04-08 F150. The plastic bed caps are $75 per side but should come with the other bed. there should be no frame damage or very little as the rear axle appears to run true. but pictures lie.

Posted Image

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

By the way check out FordF150.net or F150online.com for help with the project. Good people at both sites.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users