Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/malware/spyware protection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oneo

oneo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hi! I'm going crazy here!! I'm running at least 4 different programs for virus/malware/spyware/etc.. My family has two desktops, A Gateway 560GE, and a custom PC i pieced together for gaming. Also an old Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop, It appears no matter how much i do to keep them running fast, something allways goes wrong. We've had many viruses, worms, etc. I am able to quarantine them, but would like to totaly remove them and even stop them from being installed. Even when all shows clean we still have misc. problems here and there on all 3 computers! I'm running a purchased version of "Advanced System Care Pro", A purchased version of "Malwarebytes anti-malware", A free version of "Avir AntiVir Personal - free Antivirus", and A free version of "Dr.Web Anti-virus First Aid". Also purchase "Driver Detective" and many other freebies have come and gone.. Which ones are worth buying, or using for free in combination or an all in one? I'm more than willing to pay for software, but am now some what gun-shy about what to use.. Thanks!!!

Edited by oneo, 11 September 2009 - 08:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBoo

MrBoo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

if you already have the full version of MBAM, then use that with the free version of avira you have and you will be good. With MBAMs ip protection, its very hard to get an infection in the first place unless you purposely try to get one.

You can also use Dr. Web if you want as it is very good with rootkits, but i wouldnt worry about that until you actually have one.

#3 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

if things are always going wrong as you say and you have had lots of worms and viruses then obviously you are going to very dodgy sites.

stay away from p2p and practice safe internet is a much more effective way of stopping problems than looking for the best protection

#4 HowToRemoveSpyware

HowToRemoveSpyware

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

I find the best combo to use is

Paid Version of MalwareBytes

Free Version of Avast Anti-Virus

Just to keep junk clear also try CCleaner for all your junk files.

I don't use anything else and find my systems running smoothly.

Best of Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users