Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected DLL File, Trend Micro Recognizes But Cannot Quarantine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 the_moogleking

the_moogleking

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hello,

My current Windows XP installation is Service Pack 2. I am using Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007. While browsing, I noticed a warning from Trend Micro that I had never seen before: it alerted me that I was infected w/ a virus, but it could not quarantine the file. The trojan name, in Trend Micro's library, is TROJ_BSCOPE.A, and the infected .dll (which I have located in the C:/Windows folder) is titled svcbrg.dll. I do not know whether or not this is merely an infected .dll that can be removed without hassle, or a .dll that has been overwritten and is crucial to running Windows. Furthermore, the .dll appears to be in use, or at least is write-protected.

Fortunately, upon rebooting my computer, RUNDLL32 says: "Cannot run svcbrg.dll. Access is denied.". However, this window will pop up every 60 seconds, and accumulates quickly. While I feel fortunate that the .dll is not running, this is still something I do NOT want on my computer.

Now, I have two questions:

1. What type of infection is this?
2. What should I do to go about removing it?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by the_moogleking, 11 September 2009 - 07:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users