Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal Error 2753 during HP printer install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mgstrwbrry77

mgstrwbrry77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

I am running 32bit SP2 Vista Home Premium. I have an HP all-in-one printer connected wirelessly and have had several problems with the software. At the moment I have uninstalled the printer and in trying to do a clean install keep getting a Fatal Error 2753. HP support has said this is a registry problem and some files are not being completely removed during uninstall. I have done a level 4 uninstall. This printer has worked fine in the past (with the computer/wireless). It works great as a copier/FAX. But I continually have problems with the software in conjunction with the computer. Does anyone have a clue of how to fix this Error 2753? The following is the info from HP support on the error.
Error 2753 is a critical Windows error and is caused by a corrupt registry entry that should be repaired immediately to prevent further corruption in other applications and/or hardware. Risks include hardware failure, blue screen errors and fatal crashes.
Error 2753 symptoms include program lock ups, shut down or start up problems, slow pc performance, sluggish behaviour, screen freeze, beeping sounds, problems opening documents as well as issues during software installation

Sounds pretty scary! :huh: I have looked for info on this error over at Microsoft without success. But they are not very search friendly. Or I'm dumb! :huh:
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edited by The weatherman, 11 September 2009 - 05:48 PM.
Moved from Vista to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
If it lists anything from HP, remove them
See if that helps
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mgstrwbrry77

mgstrwbrry77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
If it lists anything from HP, remove them
See if that helps

Thank you! There was one item from HP which I removed. Still get the error during install. There is also a reference to "MSI.dot4wrp" but I cannot find that at the HP support site. Any other ideas? I really need my printer back! Thanks again. Marianne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users