Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Haunted Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ANA1

ANA1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hi,

I added a posting to this site on 8/23/09 entitled "jumping mouse" under the Security>Am I infected? What do I do? section of this website. Computer Pro led me through a number of helpful exercises that confirmed that my laptop is "clean and free of malware." Unfortunately, my cursor (not mouse..misnamed my posting) continues to move about on it's on..often times selecting and opening items in the process. I explained to Computer Pro that I do not use an external mouse rather the built-in touch pad on my laptop. He suggested I post my troubles in this forum for further assistance.

As of yesterday evening, I noticed another peculiar occurrence. The fan in my laptop seemed to be "revving up" much like a car would before a race. I have never heard anything remotely similar to that before. I joke and say that my laptop is haunted, but I really do need help figuring out what's going on to get my laptop back the way it once was. :thumbsup:

I have an HP Pavilion tx2120us Notebook PC and my OS is Vista.

Please help me. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

I would try removing the touchpad drivers (via Device Manager) and then reinstalling same.

I don't know much about laptops, but take a look at Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/ .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users