Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

using one laptop's keyboard in place of another?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msmcduck

msmcduck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

To anyone's knowledge, is it possible to link two laptops together so that one keyboard controls the other's functions and monitor? I have an older HP that has a beautiful screen and a bunch of applications that I need, but the keyboard has stopped working properly. I'd love not to have to replace the keyboard, and thought perhaps there was a way to make my other laptop (a mac, to make matters more complicated) function as the HP's keyboard and mouse. The HP has got Windows XP, and my MacBook has OS X, if that is pertinent. I appreciate any advice or help in the matter!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

A simpler way would be to purchase a standard USB keyboard. Wired or wireless should work.

Should be plug and play.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

Some replacement keyboards are relatively inexpensive but an external one would be the way to go.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users