Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sudden pc slowdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seryosongkalog

seryosongkalog

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

thank you for your time in reading my post. i really appreciate y0ur help. :huh:

i initially posted this problem of mine in http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253571/sudden-pc-slowdown/ . rigel have helped me alot, however, after not being able to solve it still, he recommended me to post here.

below are the details that i've written there which are still applicable, in my viewpoint, at this thread:

after downloading one file from a P2P program (in fact d movie is not finish yet), my pc suddenly slowed down (it is visible in the pc meter in windows sidebar). i judged it as so because when i left it idle, processing speed is usually just about less than 10%. now, it never goes lower than 50%. i checked the task manager, and explorer.exe is the culprit. i tried checking if it's the real "explorer.exe" by ending the task, and the effect after doing so is my taskbar disappeared. so i think it's "real".

i checked the post before this on sudenly slow down of pc. ive already done those, and unfortunately, my problem did not get resolved.

i tried my best to locate the problem by scanning my pc with antivirus. didnt found any virus or anything similar. even changed my antivirus (from norton to kaspersky). nothing found.

there's something that is attention-catching though. the file that i downloaded couldnt be deleted. i dont know why. and recently, my pc suddenly pops up with a message that a "special program" by windows closed a critical program of mine. that action happens when some program tries to alter very critical programs within my system. sorry i couldnt provide the specific names of both, i wasnt able to take note....

ive noticed something recently too on my pc. for some reason, there are folders that ive created which i couldnt delete. dont know why its so.

on the previous thread, we've run dr web, rootrepeal, gmer, and mbam. none showed bad results.

during doing the things for the thread, something significant happened. i could not open one log file executable by notepad. the reason i can't open the log file is because whenever i open it, it just pushes my cpu process to max 100%. in other words, it consumed my remaining speed of cpu process (as this reported problem of mine is so). i checked the task manager, and it indicates that notepad.exe is consuming it, not to mention the 369,000+ k of memory its getting too. and for some reason, there are two notepad.exe that time. i tried opening other notepad files, and it seems that only the Dr web log file would'nt open.

while surfing this site too, i found killbit. i was thinking of using, but yet again, im not sure how to use it. so perhaps you may give me an idea how...

the almost the summary of everything.

i hope my details are helpful for this problem and for you. thanks a lot again for attending to my problem.

respectfully,
sam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BillSnapWire

BillSnapWire

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

This sounds like a virus to me.
Try running a scan on your AV and FW.

And you should not download illegally from P2P networks or at all for that matter.

#3 seryosongkalog

seryosongkalog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

i've done scanning my pc with kaspersky internet security twice, one on normal mode, the other on safe mode. it found nothing. but what's FW btw?

may i ask about the pocket killbit? can i use that?

#4 seryosongkalog

seryosongkalog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

so what am i going to do now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users