Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect: HJT, MBAM fail at reg scan CA & Avast installed-find nothing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Apsis0215

Apsis0215

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

Google redirect virus won't go away. Behaves like Smit Fraud- but Smit fraud fix doesn't work. Google redirects to alternate search engine sites... but the cached versions of the web pages seem to appear. Pasting the URL Direct sends to correct websites.

Heres the really bad part:

Have tried HJT and MBAM & Avast- scans fail at registry checks - then are inaccessible and undeleteable. I have resorted to trying varying copies of HJT-

For HJT-Best guess it dies at the second page of info on HJT- scans so fast it is hard to tell- but there is a full screen of info befor HJT dies.

Finally got the TrendMicro RUBotted scanner to install (Something Didn't want that to download) It ocassionally catches bugs on these web pages.

Housecall fails to download.
Housecall beta fails to download.

Any suggestions on where to go forom here?

I turned on the access file scanner for Avast- they seem like some odd files going to the prefetch directory and temp directories-

Currently have free avast running on top of RoadRunner's free CA suite-

Posting from work now- will check this afternoon to see if anyone has any suggestions or requests for somethint that will create a log to post.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Apsis0215

Apsis0215
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

No replies so I guess its too difficult for anyone to pick up-
So windows is reinstalled along with everything else.

Cest la vie :thumbsup:

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

Follow this tutorial and post back if you have any problems, questions
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...dows-police-pro
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users