Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error of taget machine actively refusing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rooneyfan

Rooneyfan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:07 AM

My operating system is xp service pack 1. I play chess on Free Internet Chess Server(fics) by using Babaschess. Now whenever i try to connect, i get following error,
"Timeseal: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."
There is no problem with firewall settings as all ports are opened and my ISP settings do not block anything. Why am i getting this problem then? I recently installed symmentic but now i've uninstalled that.
Can anybody help ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

Is it possible that the problem has to do with the other end? The server that you're connecting to may be the problem? Can you contact anyone for support in that capacity?
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#3 Rooneyfan

Rooneyfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

By the way, i played chess on the same server after they gave me internet service. Even then I talked to my isp but they said that there is no restriction from their side and all ports are opened.

#4 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

If you're able to play some games on their server but not others, then it's highly unlikely that the problem has anything to do with your PC or your connection. I think you might want to consider talking to support for their service.
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users