Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am infected - Please help me

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 harlee

harlee

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

I hope that I am in the right forum as I am a litttle new at this  even though I've been using computers for over ten years.

I  am typing this off line, as I know that I am infected with the Police Pro Virus and it has now disabled my Norton Anti-virus software.   I will go back on line when it's time to preview and post my question.

Yesterday evening.  I got a pop from Norton that said "A misleading application was blocked."   Not ten seconds later, Police Pro poped up on my desk top and just about eveything stopped working.  I called Norton, as I had just upgraded my Norton software and they told me that that they could remove it for $140 ... give or take, but I think it was $about $140.  I told them no, don't bother and I called Microsoft today , who tried walking me though the steps to remove it, but it did not work.  I still have the Police Pro virus..

I downloaded the Police Pro removal tool from your website, but when I try to get it to run, I get a pop up stating"This file does not have an association  with it for performing this action.  Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel."I which I cannot access.I get this same pop up on any program that I try to open from the Start buttonI .  I can only open Explorer from the desk top, thank goodness, or else I would be completely up the creek .  a paddle. 

I'm kind of up the creek ayway. I'm not highly computer savvy, but I've had more problems in the last 2 days than I've had in the last 10 to 12 years that I've been using computers. My  current computer is an HP nd it runs with Windows XP, if that helps.

Please help me.  I'm about ready to take a hammer to my bleeping computer.  The only thing thing stopping me is that I would lose all the music that I downloaded years ago.Thank you in advance for whatever help that you give me.  Please be gentle.  I am a grandma and don't understand technical talk :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

Some types of malware will disable MBAM (MalwareBytes) and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.

Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first
Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..

If still no joy try Rootrepeal. the same mae changing may be needed.

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thank you boopme  :thumbsup:

I am currently running MBAM afer successfully changing the .exe exetension to a .bat.

So far, it has found 21 objets infected infected and is still running.  At the risk of appearing like a total idiot,  MBAM  is telling that I have to purchase it before all the infections can be removed. 

I don't mind purchasing the product, but  I'm worried that it may not remove all my infections. especially Police Pro.

I have not yet downloaded and installed the repeal kits that you listed, and again at the risk of appearing like an idiot, is it necessary for for me to indtall all of the Repeal Kits that you listd?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Ok thats not right. Not certain if you downloaded from one of my other posts. Stop and uninstall that one.
NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

I am so confused. 

My computer wil not allow me remove  the previous version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malwarethat was running under the .bat extension. I keep getting as pop up on my destop that says: This file does not have an association with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel."I which I cannot access.I

get this same pop up on any program that I try to  open and I cannot go into the Control panel to delete it either.
When I tried going to the link you gave me and it asks if I wwant the free version or he paid version.

I'm getting closeto taking a hammer to my computer   :thumbsup:

Edited by harlee, 11 September 2009 - 05:33 PM.

#6 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

OK, downloded the link that you gave me even thouh I was unable to remove the previous version and saved it as zztoy.exe.

When I double click on the desktop icon and click on Run, I still get the same bleeping message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Panel."

Should I change the extention to something else, such as.bat?

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Yes try that first.
We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

#8 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:32 PM

I'm sorry boopme . I haven't forgotten about you and I appreciate your help so far. I appreciate your patience with me, as well :flowers:

I'm still running the Malware Anti-virus and renamed it zzztoy.bat, as you suggested, since it wouldn't run with the exe. extension.

Since I have a dial up internet connection , the scan is taking forever, but it's found 23 infections so far, but I don't mind waiting for it to finish.

And now for the same stupid question .... again .... . Do I purchase the program to remove the infections or do I just go down and folllow your instructions regarding the Root Repeal tools?

I'm sorry for being such a pain in the :thumbsup: ... neck.

EDIT:

I'm sorry once again. It finally finished running the anti-virus and it told me that removed all 46 threats. I guess I didn't have to purchase it to have the threats removed. I'll reboot and then run the repeal tool kits as you suggested if my system still will not work.. me. : Wish me luck when I reboot.

The log from the Malware anti-virus follows:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2775
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/12/2009 6:07:56 PM
mbam-log-2009-09-12 (18-07-56).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 273134
Time elapsed: 3 hour(s), 57 minute(s), 57 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 19
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 23

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\svchasts.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\antippro2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\antippro2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\antippro2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\main.bho (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\main.bho.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\minibugtransporter.minibugtransporterx (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2b96d5cc-c5b5-49a5-a69d-cc0a30f9028c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\minibugtransporter.minibugtransporterx.1 (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{04a38f6b-006f-4247-ba4c-02a139d5531c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{986a8ac1-ab4d-4f41-9068-4b01c0197867} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{a0e1054b-01ee-4d57-a059-4d99f339709f} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{3c2d2a1e-031f-4397-9614-87c932a848e0} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{8e3c68cd-f500-4a2a-8cb9-132bb38c3573} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{494e6cec-7483-a4ee-0938-895519a84bc7} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{c48635ad-d6b5-3ee4-aaa2-540d5a173658} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{494e6cec-7483-a4ee-0938-895519a84bc7} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{c48635ad-d6b5-3ee4-aaa2-540d5a173658} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win Police Pro (Rogue.WindowsPolicePro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ANTIPPRO2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\svchasts.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\Norton\BASH\Clone\BHCAAF.tmp (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1985\A0303415.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1986\A0303466.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F20DC6C2-5212-4F33-8959-AB7D05D4CDB6}\RP1993\A0312119.exe (Antivirus2009) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Common\helper.sig (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AVR09.exe (Rogue.AdvancedVirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bennuar.old (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sonhelp.htm (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysnet.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\MM2048.DAT (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\MM256.DAT (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\_check32.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\fiwanytaz.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ygiwy.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ppp3.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ppp4.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\s32.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\smdat32a.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by harlee, 12 September 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Hi,thats' no problem. We are all volunteers here and have lives and families also. I see a couple serious issues, Bots and rootkits. Since it will take several tools to download and remove these I want to give you some advice first.

Rootkits, backdoor Trojans, Botnets, and IRC Bots are very dangerous because they compromise system integrity by making changes that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes. Rootkits are used by Trojans to conceal its presence (hide from view) in order to prevent detection of an attacker's software and make removal more difficult. Many rootkits can hook into the Windows 32-bit kernel, and patch several APIs to hide new registry keys and files they install. They can disable your anti-virus and security tools to prevent detection and removal. Remote attackers use backdoors as a means of accessing and taking control of a computer that bypasses security mechanisms. This type of exploit allows them to steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which is send back to the hacker. To learn more about these types of infections, you can refer to:

What danger is presented by rootkits?
Rootkits and how to combat them
r00tkit Analysis: What Is A Rootkit

If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned. All passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised and change each password using a clean computer, not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. If using a router, you need to reset it with a strong logon/password so the malware cannot gain control before connect again. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
What Should I Do If I've Become A Victim Of Identity Theft?
Identity Theft Victims Guide - What to do

Although the infection has been identified and may be removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume the computer is secure even if the malware appears to have been removed. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired so you can never be sure that you have completely removed a rootkit. The malware may leave so many remnants behind that security tools cannot find them. Tools that claim to be able to remove rootkits cannot guarantee that all traces of it will be removed. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read:

When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?
Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?
Where to draw the line? When to recommend a format and reinstall?

Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections but we cannot guarantee it to be trustworthy or that the removal will be successful. Some infections are difficult to remove completely because of their morphing characteristics which allows the malware to regenerate itself. Sometimes there is another hidden piece of malware which has not been detected by your security tools that protects malicious files and registry keys (which have been detected) so they cannot be permanently deleted. Disinfection will probably require the use of more powerful tools than we recommend in this forum. Before that can be done you will need you to create and post a DDS/HijackThis log for further investigation. Let me know how you wish to proceed.

#10 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

Thank you once again boopme . I appreciate all of your help thus far.

I do use my computer for on-line banking, but I went to my neighbor's house the other day and used her computer to pay my bills. My password is not saved on my computer for banking purposes, and I haven't bought anything from EBay or used PayPal in months. My passwords on those sites were not saved either, but I'm going to change all my passwords when the problem is finally resolved. Unfortunately, I cannot contact my bak untiil Monday eithet to let them know that my computer was severely compromised.

It was all that I could do to get my computer to come back on after I rebooted earlier and I kept getting that same :thumbsup: message about the program no having an application associated with it.

Unfortunately, my computer did not come with a Recovery disk, and the the Recovery icon will not work because of that same :flowers: message. No, I'm not confusing the Recovery icon with the Restore Icon where you can only change your computer to a previous day and time. The only icon that works if the Explorer icon.

I blame Norton Anti-virus and Anti-Spyware protection for getting this virus because as I told you, I just upgraded Norton and it sent me a message that it blocked a misleading applcatioon, when ten seconds later, Police Prop popped. There was no way I was going to pay them an additional $140 to remove the virus either :trumpet:

Well, since my computer is 6 years old, I'll be going to Best Buy tomorrow and spending money that I hadn't planned on spending :inlove:

I guess tomorrow my computer will leave by way of the trash disposal, but not before I remove the hard drive. :huh:

Again, many thanks for all of your help and espcially , your patiience with me. :huh:

Edited by harlee, 12 September 2009 - 11:17 PM.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

If you want to let our HJT team clean this,do the following. I also want you to know they are back logged about a week. But you will be answered.

You will need to run HJT/DDS.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

#12 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

Sigh. I downloaded the and saved the dds.scr tool to my desktop, but when I try to doubleclick on icon, it tells me that it cannot run. brcause it is changing the dds.scr to a "cmd.exe" program,and it will not allow me to change the extention. :flowers:

I think my best and only alternative is to get a new computer.:thumbsup:

Thank for trying and being so patient with me boopme :trumpet:

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

We can still run other tools to produce a log. You can also reformat and reinstall the system.

Reformatting a hard disk deletes all data. If you decide to reformat, you can back up all your important documents, data files and photos. The safest practice is not to backup any autorun.ini or .exe files because they may be infected. Some types of malware may disguise itself by adding and hiding its extension to the existing extension of files so be sure you take a close look at the full name. After reformatting, as a precaution, make sure you scan these files with your anti-virus prior to copying them back to your hard drive.

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

#14 harlee

harlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks boopme.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get on RSIT.exe to run. I kept getting that same message about the file not have an application associated with it.

I tried changing the .exe extention, to a .bat extention , since that worked earlier, but it will not run with a .bat extention either. It tells me that RSIT.bat is not a a valid windows 32 application.

As for reformatting the hard drive, I have no clue how to reformat. The computer did not come wth a disk to overwrite the hard drive and restore my computer to its original condition. When I bought the computer, everything was already loaded on it. :thumbsup:

I think thgoing to explode or cry really soon. :flowers:

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

Ok this will work..

System Repair Engineer
  • Please download System Repair Engineer from here
  • Unzip/extract sreng2.zip to a folder on your desktop
  • Double-click on SREngLdr.EXE to launch System Repair Engineer
  • Click the Smart Scan Icon
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Click on the Save Reports button
  • Save it to your desktop, using the recommended name of SREngLOG.log
  • Close System Repair Engineer
  • Use notepad to open the SREngLOG.log file
  • Copy & paste the contents of that file as a reply to this topic
  • Note: The log may be long, and you may need several posts to post all of it
  • If you are using a custom HOSTS file, please leave out the HOSTS File section, as it will make the log far too long
Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the Rootrepeal log and the above log.

Let me know how that went.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users