Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost a setting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

first of all, i haven't a clue to what i did - maybe an " itchy trigger finger " on the keyboard. i have Firefox/Thunderbird. before i messed it up - while in Firefox i clicked on tools then read mail and Thunderbird popped right up. but now it's gone. i can access it through the start menu but i would like to get it back how it was. i guess i shouldn't be mad at myself - just another learning experience. Keith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keithy397

keithy397

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:27 AM

In Thunderbird - Tools > Options > General > and tick the options for default mail and news applications.

You can make it your system default mail/news program also (for Windows) by - Start > Set Program Access and Defaults and you'll see the options.

There is a Firefox default mail icon you can drag and drop onto a toolbar from - Right click a toolbar and select customize, you'll see the default icons.

Edited by keithy397, 24 July 2005 - 08:29 AM.

Cheers

Keith

#3 Keith1

Keith1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

Thank you - everything is back to normal. Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic