Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine redirects and I can't sign into youtube

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mistersilverio

mistersilverio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

I read all the pin-ups before posting and hope I am posting in the right forum. I am not familiar with a lot of the computer terms like hijack this (which I believe is a program after reading just now) anyways...I hope I have this in the right forum.

First Problem

I am running IE8 on windows xp professional. I believe I have a virus....when I put in a topic to search in any search engine sometimes it is ok, but other times it gives me a correct results, but when I click on the link it takes me to another search engine...for example I just typed disneyland in google and the disneyland link shows up, but when I click it the url changed to ...http://realrecreation.net/search.php?s=1&q=S8kszkutzEnMS-E04EwyyDPNMk_KyDVJMS61yLVMTTYvNikqysk15zQz0bMw0zM01zM1AwA~&pe=0 and then takes me to http://mega-results.com/?q=disneyland ( i hope this makes sense).

Second Problem

My daughter uses you tube a lot to post her films that she creates, but nowadays she is unable to log in to the site. She goes to youtube.com and the page shows up, but when she clicks on sign in link it goes to a page that says:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

1.Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

1.Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
2.Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

I have run malwarebytes, avira antivir, and spybot ---search and destroy, but still lhave the problem. I have also deleted cookies, disk defragmenter, and disc cleanup. I also did a system restore, which stopped the pop-ups, but that is it.

not too long ago i had to take the computer to a computer store and was charged $80 to get a virus off it. I am broke right now and need my computer to function properly. Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mistersilverio

mistersilverio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

Anyone? :flowers: :thumbsup: I need help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users